Sunday, December 28, 2008

Twilight Premiere (Nov 19, 2008)

Ok, so the weekend before the Twilight movie was to be released, I heard about an essay contest at Barnes and Noble bookstore. The essay had to be about, “Why I am the biggest Twilight fan” and if your essay is picked then you get a ticket to see Twilight the Tuesday before it opened, which was November 19th. I found out that I one the Saturday before. I was SO excited!!! It was first come first serve and I really wanted to go see it, so I met a friend of mine, Pam Frandsen, to wait in line at the theater at 8am. Pam ended up having to go to work about an hour later, but I was able to stay and keep our place in line. We were first. I was so excited! I was glad that we were first in line because when it came time to get our actual tickets, there weren’t very many seats left. There were about 6 or 7 rows of seats open. I was shocked because there was a long line of people waiting and they were not going to be able to accommodate everyone.

After I saw the movie, I didn’t know what to think at first. I was torn. But I found it better the second time I saw it. I think Summit did a good job trying to portray to story to film. There are a few things I would change myself, but in all, it was good. And I am anxious to see how the next one will be done. I did see the movie fives times within a week. Including the midnight showing on the 21st. Was it the best movie?? No, but it wasn't bad either. It's worth watching again and worth buying and adding to my movie library.

No comments: