Sunday, December 28, 2008

Gina’s trip to St. Thomas, USVI (Oct 27-Nov 4, 2008)

From October 27 to November 4 I was able to visit my brother, Jesse, and his girlfriend, Leilani, who live in St. Thomas. I went alone and I had a wonderful time. And on November 3rd, our younger brother, Rick, and his girlfriend, Amy, came down to visit for that week. I loved seeing Rick’s big smile and see him relax. He was having such a great time. To spend a whole day with both of my brothers was awesome! The only person we were missing was our sister, Sheri. Jesse was able to let me go sailing with him on an OnDeck sailboat, which is where he works racing sailboats. I was able to sail and race another boat and on the way back inland, I was able to steer for awhile. That was a great experience and to see what Jesse does for his job from day to day. Needless to say, I was recharged and refreshed to come home and it was good to see Eric and Keira again. I am grateful for Jesse and Leilani for allowing me to stay with them. I was even able to see a little bit of Puerto Rico since I had a connection in San Juan. So there is another country to add to the places I’ve been. Although, I would like to go and look around a bit more in the future since that is where my Great Grandmother Warnick was born. (In picture: Jesse Burke, Gina Nielson and Travis Ross)

2 comments:

Ross Eldridge said...

Hi there, Gina,

In the lower picture is that Richard, you and Jesse? It's kind of small on my screen.

If you have any bigger ones, might you email me copies?

Are you doing anything for New Year's Eve? If you want to come round ... We celebrate it 7 hours before you do, so leave home early!

My Family Tree now has over 650 names on it ... WHEW! Back to the 1500s. Pickpockets and thieves ... the lot! I'm going to contact you about the Burkes' relatives here once things calm down after the holiday season.

I must give you my brother's address in the BVI, Jesse may be bumping into him as Guy and his girlfriend spend a lot of time sailing around, and shop in PR.

Happy 2009! Come see me!

Ross

Nielson News said...

Hey Ross! I'll make that picture bigger, but from left to right is Jesse, me and the other captian, Travis Ross. Thanks for asking. :D