Sunday, August 24, 2008

Support Stephenie Meyer

Ok, first of all, I believe everyone should have an opinion whether it be good, bad or indifferent. I, however, do not agree with how some people will express their opinion. For instance, the negative comments about Stephenie Meyer's latest book, Breaking Dawn. I can see how some people were disappointed in how it was written, the storyline and the ending. I thought it was lacking in a couple of areas, but overall....I loved the book. I have read several comments about how people hated it and it ruined the whole series for them along with their comments towards the author personally is just plain....cruel. True, every author must take the good with the bad and they can't please everybody, but there is a certain finesse it should be written. If one doesn’t like the book, write why they didn’t like it and leave it at that…move on. Plus, it is a fiction book…who knew where the story was going to lead?!

The other day, I followed a link to another bloggers website to read that she believes that Stephenie Meyer is racist and also makes comments of how it all leads to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Crazy…I know. People have been spending too much time looking for things like the above mentioned in fiction books, written for entertainment purposes, and not just letting the books take them for a ride. It’s a crazy world we live in.

On the brighter side, my friend Jeremy has set up a blog to support Stephenie Meyer. Check it out:
http://www.supportstepheniemeyer.blogspot.com/ I’m so excited to see how many people signed up in the first 24 hours and I noticed today that the site was mentioned on the Twilight Lexicon!!! Way to go Jeremy!!!

Ok, I’m done with my ranting and on we go!

No comments: