Saturday, August 23, 2008

First "Official" Activity Day

Today was my first official Activity Day. I was recently called to be the Activity Day Leader in our Primary at church. My first meeting was just after I got home from California (Aug 9th) and I was not prepared, that is why I am calling this one the “official” first day. As the girls came over, I had a word search of the First Article of Faith waiting for them. It kept them busy while we waited for everyone to arrive. I had a game of Jenga prepared in a way where we could get to know each other better. I had made several questions and taped them to the blocks. When someone pulled a block out that had a question on it, everyone had to answer it. We went through two rounds and then it was time to make the ice cream. I found a recipe online on how to make “Ice Cream in a Baggie”. We put the ingredients together and had a good time shaking the backs to make the ice cream. The activity went a little longer than planned, but the girls seemed to really enjoy themselves.

No comments: