Saturday, March 5, 2011

Sometimes we are humbled

I have been humbled once again. I was hoping to post back in December that I passed the test I took in November. I guess that is why I have not posted anything else for a while. I am reminded of a scripture in Ether 12:27:

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.

Taking tests have always been a weakness for me. I wonder if they will ever become one of my strengths. I seem to work and study really hard and then I don’t pass. I have taken several tests with these same results. I seem to learn something every time. This time I decided to retake the test in February. I studied a little bit every week and better prepared myself. I just found out that I did something right. I passed! What a big sigh of relief.

So, what does this mean? I am now a cathodic protection technician. Huh? Most don’t understand this terminology. It just means that I earned another certificate for my work and will most likely get a raise this year.

No comments: